The Regional Training Partnership is committed to the following purposes in order to realise this vision:
- To contribute to the formal theological education of the people of God through encouraging and providing programmes of education for discipleship.
- To develop expertise in particular areas of mission and ministry in order to enhance training for all varieties of ministry.
- To strengthen and share common resources in all areas of Christian education and training.
- To provide initial and continuing education for all varieties of ministry (lay and ordained) within the Churches.
- To promote and provide research for the benefit of the Church.